Kaz, Geek and I just finished playing through this amazingly well made campaign. You do need to download a half-life 2 texture-pack provided by the map author in order to play this campaign. I admit, I have never played Half-life 2 before. Nevertheless, this campaign was still fun to play. See the screenshots below the review. Do note, that the texture-pack is linked by the maker so you can just click on the first link and download both rather than clicking both links, that I have provided below.
- Begin in a train – end in a train station
- Absolutely stunning visuals
- Tanks spawned in great places
- Seamlessly combines the two chapters of HL2 into 1 campaign
- Tons of supplies to find (after all exploration is rewarded)
- Finale was fun (see con)
- Hilarious ad poster (see screenshots)
- Lots of crowbars so you can legitimately feel like Gordon Freeman
- Roof-top map
- Witches were a common occurence during this campaign. Can be a pro or con depending on the players
- Smokers had a tendency to spawn in doubles which proved to be annoying. In particular during the roof-top map
- Needs texture-pack for this campaign to work
- Short campaign -> HOWEVER, if played on advanced/expert you can spend up to an hour playing this. we played this on advanced and finished it in 50mins.
- 2 tanks appear in the starting map, which is a bit odd in my opinion…
- Constant horde spawning, which in advanced makes things a bit difficult from time to time
- The texture pack may cause a conflict as we tried to play the Indiana Jones freeride map, and we couldn’t see the ropes (Geek and I)
- Texture pack may not fully work for some people, for example Kaz had trouble seeing the fences and he could not see his hands or guns
- Train will kill bots during finale
- Bots don’t seem to recognize the ladder in the apartments map as our Louis bot jumped straight to his death
Despite the cons, I actually had a lot of fun playing this map. So beautifully made. I really recommend this campaign for people to play. There is chapter 3 that continues from this campaign, called Route Kanal. However, we have not gotten around to playing it yet.