So finally we have returned to the zombie infested world of L4D2. Well actually I have returned to it for a while now. Mostly playing versus game (my “favorite”), scavenge or the default campaigns. Mostly to get used to the game again and just goof around since Kaz can no longer play borderlands due to the lag it will cause on L4D2 and such. Ah well, maybe I will solo and finish borderlands 1 so I can start borderlands 2…….or at least finish it so I can uninstall it and create more space on my laptop.
Moving on, Kaz felt bored and decided it was time to play custom campaigns again. We started with Death Aboard 2 because he never played it before while I have. Needless to say, the finale is still a
bitch, hard as heck. Once we were done with that, the night was still young and early so we decided to play another campaign. This time, Salthell park which was a campaign I had been eager to play for a long time when I first saw it on L4dmaps.com but never got around to it.
Regardless, we have yet to finish this campaign. Therefore this review is going to be based on my impressions of the campaign so far.
- Large detailed map
- Based on a real life location
- Easter Egg
- Variation in map locations (e.g housing area to military zone)
- Great atmosphere
- Boat ride (however random I found it)
- No weapons or health kits in the starting safe-rooms
- Rescue closets are too sparse and very far
- Large frame-rate drops
- Tanks appeared in the beginning of the maps way too frequently before we could get supplies or find weapons
- Due to large size of the maps, it is hard to know which way to go or find the saferoom
Overall, enjoying it the campaign currently. Haven’t finished it yet. Hope to finish it soon.