So today is National Day in Singapore for those who don’t know. Instead of watching the National Day celebrations live on tv, Kaz and I decided to play a custom campaign. He picked the campaign this time. Needless to say, I don’t think I will allow him to pick a custom campaign again. My poor brain and heart. Too much stress. On another note, I finally finished Fallout 3 and will start on quest mods soon.
- maps were extremely well detailed especially the mall maps (see con)
- maps were overall well-balanced
- supplies were well placed throughout the map (see con)
- subway tunnel in finale looked ominous – looked fantastic
- maps were decent length
- the idea of using tents to reach/enter the next area was unique and great idea
- survivors had custom skins was a nice touch
- Kaz goes solo against 8 tanks in an epic last stand and later goes out in a gallant death via run over by a train
- mall maps were too empty – the emptiness of the mall made the map feel a lot longer than usual
- the mall interior was confusing as it was unclear where to go – could use more arrows to point the way
- getting to a finale was quite a long walk
- the finale was too insane – 8 tanks at a single time? then having to fight two groups of multiple tanks was just too much
- could use more ammo piles scattered throughout the maps
So obviously this campaign isn’t going to be for everyone. It definitely was too much for Kaz and I, as fighting 8 tanks at the same time was too much for us. The unlimited tank idea was a very good idea.
You can find this campaign with its outrageously difficult finale right here